Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Del-icio-us

I can see value in websites like this one for anyone who needs to keep track of lots of material; the "math teacher" example in the LeFever ditty was a good "for instance." Again, it would depend on your place in life, your needs, job, interests, etc, just how much you could make use of it. I enjoyed going through the FVRL IS Del-icio-us account; even used the "How things work" site I found there with a patron the next day. I'll have to admit, though, that I got stuck on the "One Minute" commentaries for longer than I probably sh0uld have--I didn't know we had such talented and photogenic staff here at FVRL. (Er...sorry, I SHOULD have known that, shouldn't I?)
Anyway, for library use, I do think what the IS staff has done is a great example of how this all can be used for research assistance. No need to be completely reinventing the wheel each time. And it IS great that this is web-based, making it possible to access those bookmarks/favorites from any computer.

No comments: